ricky's ragg
Friday, February 10, 2006
 
I DON'T KNOW NOTHIN'

On Thusday, I laboriously hunt & pecked a post about Dave Lister's candidacy in the race for the Erik Sten's seat on the city council. I've sort of half paid attention to this stuff for years but only in the last few months begun to connect the dots and think about getting more involved politically.

Still, I was pretty (over) confident of my grasp on the city council races.

Nope.

Connect the dots - I didn't even have the right dots.

Since I had mentioned some facts about Lister in the post, I emailed and asked him to check those out for accuracy. I'm soooo glad I did. I learned a couple of lessons: 1) Lister is a courteous, sincere, nice guy. I learned this because Lister gently pointed out in his reply some mistakes I had made. 2) I had, in my arrogance, got the BASIC FACTS of his race WRONG! I mistakenly had as his opponent, besides Sten; Amanda Fritz. She's running against Saltzman - not Sten!

Some people are just that smart.

A glutton for punishment, I've tried it again below.

Cut me to ribbons.
 
Comments:
Ricky-

Are you becoming one of them there Republicans?

Watch it - if you watch Portland politics form the sidelines and really begin to see how its played you'll become anything but a democrat.
 
Also, this system of checking posts before they go up - totally uncool.

A blog dialouge should be untamed and wild. A mess of unorganized ranting and opinions. Just like democracy is supposed to be.
 
Hey, D

Thanks for the comment.

I'm new at this - relax. I didn't even know what I was doin' - still don't.

I've been an R since 1969. What in the world made you think otherwise?

Thanks for your opinion of how blogs should work but there's a limit to how wild I want the dialogue to get.

We'll see.
 
Somehow I deleted this:

The city of Portland is not adrift. It is heading in the direction they have clearly steered for it.

Potter and others are big in predetermined outcomes. His visioning commitee is stacked with people of such political orientation that a 1955 Hollywood professional would fear to be associated with or be blacklisted.

There is no way that the Aerial Tram was a surprise (the attention paid to it is though), PGE was pursued just like Lightrail projects of the past, and Urban Renewal continues to plod along regardless of how much money it siphons away from statewide schools.

Welcome to Portland politics. Its alot more entertaining than following the Blazers.

--
Posted by Dare!PDX to ricky's ragg at 2/19/2006 09:43:05 PM
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
make sense or shut up - unless I think you're funny ----- spelling and grammar WILL be scrutinized ----- ideas count - especially if I like them ----- no profanity - no exceptions

<$BlogMember$>
ARCHIVES
January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / July 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / December 2007 /


Powered by Blogger